November 21, 2011

{DIY} Turn a Shoe box into a Gift Box

Happy Monday. 
I wanted to share a little DIY! 
I didn't have a gift bag or box handy at the time.. so I checked my closet and noticed this pretty shoe box that I thought could work great for my cousins baby shower gift. It just needed a little craft done to it.
Step 1. paint the lid with acrylic paint
 Step 2. Add some embellishments over a doily to cover any wording not wanted to show.
(I left the box brown, but if you wanted to you could paint aswell)

Step 3. Finish by wraping the gift box with left over fabric or lace
Embellish with lettering.
Something different.
makes Something Sweet♥

She loved it and said she will use it to keep her daughters memorabilia.

18 comments:

Mary said...

AWW! It looks so cute!!!

özge bayrak said...

very cute look for a shoes box! ilove your scrapbooking and your vintage style... it is a speacial gift from your hands to little sweetie...

Amy said...

this is very very pretty!! I love it!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Love this! So cute & crafty!


Hugs,
Jessie

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

This is so cute, you did such a good job.

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Wow!! How cute.. I wish I had skills like you!! So ADoRABLE!!

Amber Blue Bird said...

totally adorable!

Olivia said...

aww how sweet!

Anya Rudn said...

What a great idea.. Love it!!

~Anya

Paislea Elyse said...

ahhh! i love that. so cute and so simple!!

allister bee blog

Ana said...

It looks really adorable!

Erin said...

That is so stinking cute!! :)

Tereza said...

this is soo cute! what a great gift :)

Ruby Girl said...

sooo much fun! I love this little box. Adorableness! <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

VALERIE WANG said...

aww soooo in love with it!!!<3
fantastic work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







xxxx

jessica said...

This is so cute! You did such a cute job. I love all the little embellishments

Desi said...

Really fantastic!
I'm a new follower from Italy
Desi of Creattivando
http://desidero-creare.blogspot.com

Mandy Bogdan said...

You're so creative! This was just too cute! Def. something you can keep forever. Love it!