{DIY} Covered Books

I love books and I do believe they really can furnish a room.
To me they arent just books but accessories for a empty corner of the home.
So why not spice them up a little bit.
I bought these books all for 25 cents each at the local Library.
I had vintage wallapaper and plenty of burlap. The rest was a piece of cake!

Material Needed:


 Simply tuck in the edges under the spine

Burlap is a little tricky to work with. It stretches and has loose strings.
Just be patient and use plenty of tape!


From my home to yours~

Comments

... said…
This is amazing! I am adoring this DIY so much!!!
Jillian said…
This is a lovely idea. I have a few "ugly" books that could use some nice, vintage-y covers like this.
found and sewn said…
they would make lovely Christmas presents...
Unknown said…
I love this diy!!!
Anonymous said…
Looks great Pearl.

Ciao Bella

C R E A T I V E. C A R M E L I N A.
Kira said…
I used to manage a Fossil store and we decorated all of our shelving with books like that. Every time we re-set the floor we would update the books in coordinating colors.
Amber said…
very fancy! such a great idea for tattered old books.
Unknown said…
So pretty! I love this idea! I hope to see you at Sunday's Blogger's Meet-up!
Sara Szatmary said…
I especially love this idea for a wedding!
özge bayrak said…
i love your diy applications. amazing from your hands!
have a wonderful day
Elanor said…
this is darling! i love this idea.xx
Great use of vintage wallpaper! I covered our very lonely one coffee table book in brown paper and added some ribbon to make it look like a bow, but I love the mix of pattern and texture here. Will have to give this a try!
BpVetGirl said…
I adore these, they are so cute.
This is pretty :) I adore vintage so am loving your blog!
Tiana said…
wow! i just started reading your blog and i am in love with all of the adorable DIY projects and your personal appreciation for all of these beautiful things :)

I'm definitely going to have to try this!

Popular Posts