December 1, 2011

{DIY} Covered Books

I love books and I do believe they really can furnish a room.
To me they arent just books but accessories for a empty corner of the home.
So why not spice them up a little bit.
I bought these books all for 25 cents each at the local Library.
I had vintage wallapaper and plenty of burlap. The rest was a piece of cake!

Material Needed:


 Simply tuck in the edges under the spine

Burlap is a little tricky to work with. It stretches and has loose strings.
Just be patient and use plenty of tape!


From my home to yours~

15 comments:

Erin said...

This is amazing! I am adoring this DIY so much!!!

jillian m. said...

This is a lovely idea. I have a few "ugly" books that could use some nice, vintage-y covers like this.

found and sewn said...

they would make lovely Christmas presents...

Amy said...

I love this diy!!!

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

Looks great Pearl.

Ciao Bella

C R E A T I V E. C A R M E L I N A.

kira said...

I used to manage a Fossil store and we decorated all of our shelving with books like that. Every time we re-set the floor we would update the books in coordinating colors.

Amber Blue Bird said...

very fancy! such a great idea for tattered old books.

JenniB said...

So pretty! I love this idea! I hope to see you at Sunday's Blogger's Meet-up!

Sara Szatmary said...

I especially love this idea for a wedding!

özge bayrak said...

i love your diy applications. amazing from your hands!
have a wonderful day

elanor, said...

this is darling! i love this idea.xx

Carly {xoxo teacherista} said...

Great use of vintage wallpaper! I covered our very lonely one coffee table book in brown paper and added some ribbon to make it look like a bow, but I love the mix of pattern and texture here. Will have to give this a try!

Prep in the country said...

I adore these, they are so cute.

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

This is pretty :) I adore vintage so am loving your blog!

❝tiana of l'esthetique❞ said...

wow! i just started reading your blog and i am in love with all of the adorable DIY projects and your personal appreciation for all of these beautiful things :)

I'm definitely going to have to try this!