From the Heart //

Fibia // my friend since 8th grade!                           Viktoria & Nadia // my soul sisters
Maria - Bumble Alley Photography      //             Denise - All things New
Jenny - sister in law                           //                Ashely- momma manual
       Katelyn - Model                                               //       Marina Mcavoy - fashion blogger
Gloria - sissy  glorious daisies
My Bestie of almost 9 years! Natasha a.k.a Toots!
>>18 weeks Pregnant<<

Dress: Macy's | Coat: Zara | Heels: gifted from Toots Steve Madden | necklace: christmas present from hubby J-crew 

A little rain wont stop me from enjoying my birthday!
What a fun really happy day this was for me.

I woke up on January 11, 2014 feeling so happy! A gigantic cheesy smile! I really felt this Joy and Peace in my heart. I'm 26 years old today!! Eeeeek! I actually didn't mind growing up a year older. Twenty five was a complete different feeling. I was scared and little nervous for some reason! But this year felt like a breath of fresh air. Maybe because God has been moving me changing me from within inside, maybe because I'm pregnant carrying our third baby due in June! Maybe because I'm becoming a woman in a whole compete new way. A little of everything I believe. My twenty fifth year was fun, and challenging at times, had its ups and downs but I mostely struggled with myself a lot, personal battle with things that are hard to share.
As this new year was approaching I told myself that this will be the year of change. Wasn't sure what kind of change, but for the better. I need to change. Spiritually I was drained out, I felt empty and alone. I was angry, bitter, didn't like myself at times. I felt that I wasn't a pleasant person to be around. I wanted something more, something deeper, something I couldn't quite grasp my mind around. And then God spoke to me "Be still". "Be still child. " "Know that I Am God."
I recently joined a women's book club by my good friend Denise -All Things New. Blog.
She invited me and I joined, because for once I love reading, secondly I always wanted to join a book club, thirdly it couldn't have been a more better time in my life! I'm currently still a part of this book club and have four more weeks to go! Let me tell you, it has changed my life! more of the book on a later day. Theres so much I want to share! Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that God is Faithful.
When the storms of life overwhelm us, there is only ONE thing to do if we want to survive. We must position ourselves in the right place. That place is in the hands of God, our stronghold, and He will keep us safely there until the storm has passed. God loves his children and he has a plan set for us, When we submit to His perfect plan, we will find the hope we are looking for.
Gods ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts higher than our thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9)
He is working, whether we recognize it or not. He never leaves our side. He's our stronghold.
A stronghold is useless if we are standing outside its walls. We need to stop trying to weather the storms of life on our own. We are not alone. God is with us, waiting for us to enter His fortress of refuge. We can trust few things in this life, but God's faithfulness is one of them. When the hard times come and the storms roll in, place yourself in Gods safekeeping. Run to your Strong Tower of Refuge.

I invited 16 of my friends to join me for lunch at the most adorable restaurant in Portland. The Picnic House located right in the heart of downtown Portland. Its eclectic vibe of old and new decor. It's yummy tomato basil soup and amazing citrus salad fit perfectly in my tummy on a rainy cloudy afternoon.
As each of my friends came inside embracing me with hugs and blessing me with beautiful gifts. I wanted to cry! Ive been emotional a lot lately, I'm not sure if its to blame my hormones or just because I've been feeling so happy and content and in the right place.
Don't I have the the most beautiful group of friends in the whole wide world??
And every one of these amazing ladies I share a unique special friendship with. I'm Blessed beyond measure and couldn't be more happier in life right now.

Thank you ladies for embracing me with your presence. With your love and gifts.
Heres to a new year, a new me.

xoxo,
Olga

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy Birthday, Beautiful! <3 May all your dreams come true <3
1. You are incredibly stunning and you are radiating beauty and kindness :)
2. Your words couldn't have come at a more perfect time, encouraging and exactly what I needed to read. :)
Unknown said…
Happy 26th birthday. I hope it's a wonderful year for you!

Love from South Africa

http://arumlilea.blogspot.com
Toots said…
Beautiful words and a beautiful post. I always love hearing about people's relationship with God and how they're growing in it! I have also found such joy and peace in his presence this year. I love being refreshed by his word and being filled with his joy despite what life circumstances throw your way.

Happy 26th Birthday, this year looks like it will be an amazing one for you!

Hugs from Australia.
x
Denise Pacurar said…
Thank you for inviting me to share in your special day! :)

Love you!
Denise
Zhanna said…
No doubt you make pregnancy look so flawless :)

Happy birthday and congratulations as well!

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your heart on my recent post.

Your reaction to your 3rd pregnancy is definitely something I can genuinely understand. And you're right, God is full of surprises but His will for our lives is always good, even if it means going through some hard stuff, it's still good because in the end it does something beautiful inside of us. His goal is to always make us better than before :)

But gosh darnet, the process is still hard!

I'm just glad to know that I am not alone. Motherhood can feel lonely at times. And it's good for all of us to talk about those feelings, to bare our souls. Because bottom line, we can't do it alone. We all need each other. You know how they say, it takes a village to raise a child.

Anyhoot, thank you for your honesty. I truly appreciate it.

Much love,

Z
Katie said…
You are so beautiful! Happy late birthday!

"A stronghold is useless if we are standing outside its walls. We need to stop trying to weather the storms of life on our own. We are not alone. God is with us, waiting for us to enter His fortress of refuge. We can trust few things in this life, but God's faithfulness is one of them. When the hard times come and the storms roll in, place yourself in Gods safekeeping. Run to your Strong Tower of Refuge."

I really needed to read this. I have been feeling very anxious about my life lately and needing the reminder to just trust Jesus.
Unknown said…
Many congratulations to you!! I really wished that I could celebrate my 16 birthday like this but for that my parents were not financially strong. But now I will definitely celebrate my daughter’s 16 birthdays. Please recommend sweet 16 venues nyc.

Popular Posts