Hey my beautiful blogger friends!
It's been months since I've been on my blog! It has been an extremely busy summer with us moving, building our new home, traveling and life with three kids. I'm happy to be back and excited to share some new things!
I've been meaning to blog about my best friends colorful-knit theme baby shower for quite some time now! So here it is finally!
A lot of detail went into this colorful shower with lots and lots of YARN!
My idea came from the Bible saying "For you created my inmost being, you knitted me together in my mothers womb, I praise you because I'm fearfully and wonderfully made." /Pslam 139:13-14
Such a sweet, powerful scripture and perfect theme!
The word "knit" shouted Toots name! She is a sweater lover, yarn collector, cozy colorful soul and I wanted to replicate just that!
A list of details written below. If I missed anything and you would like more information or pictures feel free to email me at email@example.com
- Venue - I came across this place on pinterest. The Bella Via Venue in Sherwood, OR. This unique place used to be an old church that was renovated. With its old glass colorful stained windows and spacious floor plan it fit perfect for our event. We worked with Nicole the owner. She was very nice, easy going and gave us great ideas how we can utilize her space.
- Yarn Balls - I started collecting yarn from goodwill, thrift and craft stores. I got sometimes lucky finding balls of yarn already shaped into balls. As for the rest of them, Toots little sister Inna helped make hundreds of them! Its time consuming to roll a pile of yarn into a perfect round ball. We would do this while watching shows, after a while your hands would hurt. But nevertheless the collection grew and it was so fun to see!
- Wood Sign - My talented friends husband built it and Nadia painted the words. It turned out beautiful and fit perfectly in the center of the room.
- Invitation- Printed on 5x7 cardstock. I couldn't decide on just one maternity photo so I collected several and made a collage. Tied together with yarn of course.
- Yarn Name Pallet - Pinterest inspired. materials include: pallet, ruler, pencil, nails, hammer, yarn, lots of patience and Jenny's help we made it work!
- Rustic Ladder - With some wooden blocks, flowers and yarn, what a great way to utilize an empty corner. I borrowed it from something borrowed
- Table Setting- Colorful yarn charters were from the dollar store. Glassware, floral plates, centerpiece vases were all from goodwill. I chopped down a curly willow tree from my parents yard to place into the vases as centerpieces to give it that rustic look and hung mini yarn balls off the branches. Simple and cute, and so Tasha!
- Floral Arrangements - Thanks to Irina a good talented friend put together these wild flowers into different size vases that were placed throughout the venue.
- Thank you Favors - rustic colorful pencils from world market.
- Game Stations - Two fun games set up. The Diaper memory game, and guess the size of the belly.
- Turquoise Cake - Tasha's favorite cake was ordered through Petite Provence French Bakery
You guys, now looking back through all these photos I'm surprised how everything eclectically and so cute turned out! I couldn't have made this happen without the help of Tashas best friends and family! Thank you Tamara who was my sidekick partner in all of this, she is amazing! I'm so glad it all turned out and most of all Tasha was very suprised and the look on her face made it all worth it!
You can follow her on instagram @nrudnitsky and watch her adorable Remy grow.